Street Photographer Daniel Eliasson
I am Daniel Eliasson, a street photographer from Gothenburg, Sweden. Maybe we've already met? StreetPeople is where I collect some of my best street photos, and if you find yourself on this page, you have something special that has caught my interest.
My interest in documenting social life in urban environments came early with my first camera. Street Photography is all about capturing the right moment. Unknown people become extras in a beautiful documentation of the street life. You have to be quick if you want to capture the right shot. The moment is often over in a split second. In this short time period you still need to compose, set the camera, focus and shoot.
I am always ready to capture the moment, and always carry my camera with me. When I shott street photography, I try not to think, and instead feel and predict when the next image will occur.
Street Photography Gothenburg
Along with some fellow street photographers from Gothenburg, I started the group Street Photo Gothenburg( Facebook Group "Street Photo Gothenburg). The group started about a year ago and currently has over 1000 members. Street Photo Gothenburg is also a subgroup of Gothenburg's biggest photoclub FFG. We arrange Photo Walks, meetings and workshops in street photography.
In February 2014, we organized popular photo walk, which attracted over 270 photographers. We vere featured on television, radio and various magazines and newspapers.
If you like my photos, please support my work and follow me on social media:
People often ask me what camera they should buy, so I want to reveal a secret.
Are you ready? What camera you use have little or none impact on how good your photos you will shoot. There are many examples of great street photographers using only iPhones. Spend more time practising instead of chasing new and better equipment.
I use two different cameras, depending on what I want to capture. 90% of the time I use only one lens. Since I always use the same lens, I've learned exactly how it behaves which helps me focus on the photo instead.
My camera bag consists of:
- Canon 5D MIII + Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 USM L
- FujiFilm X100S
I use Adobe LightRoom for evertything. No plugins and just manual adjustment for each photo.
Publications and media
- Street Photography London - Big interview about me and my street photography. The article became the most read in 2014. Read the article here.
- Street Photography in the World - Big interview about me and my street photography. Read the article here.
- Lerums Tidning - Big interview in the magazine and an article on their website (in swedish). Read the article here.
- Floda Nyheter - Interview in swedish about my photos. Read the article here.
- ISP Mag - Published in the November 2014 magazine and on the website. ISP Mag
- Street Photography in the World - My photo was selected as cover for the magazine. Street Photography in the World
- Radio Floda (2014-11-18) - Interview in swedish about my street photography
- Radio P4 Göteborg (2014-10-24) - Me and my FFG friend Geza interviewed in the radio show "Göteborg Direkt".Listen to the clip(begins at 02:00:00)
- Radio P4 Göteborg (2014-10-24) - Me and my FFG friend Geza interviewed in the radio show "Morgon i P4".Listen to the clip(begins at 02:42:00)
- Photowalk Behind the scenes - See my work behind the scenes and watch me photography from my point of view.
- Photowalk Bakom kulisserna Göteborg - See my work behind the scenes and watch me photography from my point of view.